Hi Guys,

I've been writing 69-word, theme-based stories for the digital lifestyle magazine, The Brown Scooter, every month.

Read off and let me know what you think/feel :)


===========================================================================

#55wordstory - Freedom


Today's word was 'Freedom.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave them good grades. I gave them my first salary.
For them, I gave my dedication. I gave them my nights. And weekends.
I gave her undying love. I gave her a ring.
I gave them a grandson.

I gave up my dreams.

Free will was a farce. Freedom was never mine. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



5 comments:

shweta Sylvia jani said...

Loved it as usual....freedom means different idea to everyone.

Reema Prasanna said...

You got good grades. You made money that you were generous enough to give away. You were dedicated. You stayed up nights for others. Weekends too.

You learnt how to love. Undying lvoe. You could buy her rings.

You became a father.

You earned realities that you never knew you wanted until you had them.

Free will is so real. Freedom? Always yours.

CruciFire said...

@R Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems firstly thanks for commenting... and yes while there is merit in what you say, the most important point was the giving up of my dreams, no? and those who are able to still live their dreams are lucky and far and few in between :)

Reema Prasanna said...

Yeah. That's true. Now you know what not to do when it's time to make a choice :)

CruciFire said...

@R true :) And about my ability to make words sing, you are already a Guru in that ;)